Anti-Bullying/Cyberbullying Information: BP/AR 5131.2 (a)
The District recognizes the harmful effects of bullying/cyberbullying on student well-being, learning, and attendance and desires to provide a safe school environment that protects students from physical and emotional harm. As a result, Alview-Dairyland USD has implemented the following strategies to address bullying:
- Clear school/classroom rules are established for student conduct and strategies are implemented to promote a positive school climate.
- Information is provided through multiple means about school rules related to bullying/cyberbullying and mechanisms for reporting incidents or threats as well as consequences for engaging in bullying.
- Students are encouraged to notify school staff when they are being bullied/cyberbullying or when they suspect another student is being bullied. Students are provided with a means to report threats anonymously and confidentially.
- The District conducts an annual assessment of bullying/cyberbullying
- .. incidents and responds appropriately with additional supervision where necessary.
The District notifies employees annually that pursuant to Education Code 234.1, any school staff who witnesses an act of bullying/cyberbullying against a student has a responsibility to immediately intervene to stop the incident when it is safe to do so.